Friday, May 6, 2011

Beck (Mongolian Chop Squad)

  Beck was really entertaining to me. It really gave me an insight into the J-rock culture, and showed me just how much like the american indie rock culture it really is. Anyone that wants to learn more about rock music in japan should watch this anime.
  This anime is about a highschool boy who joins a rock band. The anime spans several years, and follows this band as they rise in popularity. It really becomes a how to video on how to start a rock and roll band in japan.
  I personally like this type of anime. When the main character has a goal that I myself can achieve and then applies the characteristic anime attitude of never giving up and always pushing forward I can't help but like what I see. I also liked the songs this anime rock group wrote (which are in English oddly enough), and I think that really says alot about the time that was put into making this anime.


Watch it here: http://www.hulu.com/mongolian-chop-squad





No comments:

Post a Comment